There’s no getting away from it, women rule the world. I mean, we are busy right? Not just work 9-5 busy, like, fit in a pre work gym session, dog walk, run for the train, run errands on our 10 minute lunch break, stop & get the food shopping before heading home, meet up with a friend (because it’s been planned for months & she will hate me forever if I cancel), hang out the washing and do my yoga workout before bed kind of busy. Phew, that’s not even the half of it! Do you even have time to read this??????!!
So why are women increasingly finding it hard to get pregnant? I mean we were drilled from early teens how not to get pregnant! Who knew it would be this hard?! So, I hear my girlfriends talk about the newest vitamins supplements, and their peak ovulation times and what temperature the room has to be, but no one is actually talking about hidden stress. It’s like we cannot admit we are actually pretty darn stressed. Basically stress can alter hormonal release & signals, which mean our body is super great at managing stress but soooooo not ready to host the growth of a tiny human being, like I’m talking the size of a poppy seed that needs to grow to a plump watermelon! So basically stress can be a major contributing factor to not getting pregnant.
Ok so what can I do?
Always start by consulting your doctor. Then try these holistic tips!
Hidden stress is everywhere, it’s in fad diets, busy schedules, family worries, social media, lack of sleep, financial anxieties as well as work pressures.
Try looking at your stress holistically:
- Use a diary and keep at least 2 days a week free from social activities.
- Try a balanced diet or even go vegetarian, I hear so much about high protein diets and not eating fruit, or avoiding caffeine – why exclude essential vitamins, minerals and joy?
- Try aromatherapy – be sure to speak to a qualified aromatherapist
- Find your local float pod and try a 30 minute float
- Avoid artificial sweeteners because they are just nasty!
- Implement good sleep hygiene – no technology after 8pm, no caffeine after lunchtime – Google sleep hygiene for more tips
- Establish a routine that includes mindfulness (try the headspace app)
- Try not to fit too much in one day – do you really need the gym or could you walk somewhere instead? Can you ask friends to do a coffee meet instead of a dinner?
- Try reflexology, it’s deeply relaxing & uses acupressure & meridian zones to rebalance and restore your body & mind, it can actively reverse the stress hormones and improve sleep. Ultimately it can prepare your body and support your body during conception.
- Try talking therapies or talking to a friend you can trust
- Exercise in moderation, 20 minutes a day, try not to obsess with counting steps/calories that’s just more stress!
- Try meditation – tai chi is a great gentle active meditation
- Drink in moderation, sometimes a small amount of alcohol can relax body & mind but be sure to monitored you’re weekly unit’s too much alcohol can be toxic
- Book a spa day or a weekend away yo every so often it’s good to have down town
- This last one is very important …. Make sure you & you’re other half are following a destress lifestyle it’s no good just one of you being zen, after all it takes two to make a baby!
Thank you you for reading,
Peace & Love
Roots Therapies xxx