As much as I try to live in the present, it’s going to take a while to ‘let go’ of that brutal winter.
Especially that last week, the one where we were all kept prisoner in our homes by the Beast from the East, with broken boilers and an unhealthy amount of ‘family time’ within the confines of 4 walls *whole body quivers*.
So, as we step into spring this fresh new season brings with it new beginnings. This cheery chirpy season is a perfect time for a Self Care Spring Clean, and like any cleaning job, a little motivation may be required! So, here are 5 basic Spring themed principles to set you in good stead for your own Self Care Spring Clean:
- Balance: The fact that this beautiful season is a time between Spring Equinox, special days during the year when day and night are almost equal, and the Summer Solstice means that balance is a key theme to Spring Self Care. Balance focuses on the body achieving total equilibrium. Reflexology is a natural way to rebalance the body and mind, and can be especially beneficial for balancing hormones.
- Awakening: Spring brings with it an array of natural awakenings, from gorgeous fresh blooms to animals coming out of hibernation and returning from their winter migration. This season is dedicated to newborns like leaping lambs and chirping chicks. Self care awaking includes growth, reusing or returning to something, and welcoming new arrivals.
- Plant: Putting down roots, planting bulbs and growing food in spring is key to flourish for the rest of the year. Taking this season to root yourself through your feet with reflexology allows your body, mind and spirit to ground itself in order to grow. Organic and sustainability are key to this theme.
- Light: Spring brings light and warmth and the opportunity to spend more time outdoors. Support wellness naturally with restoring and replenishing vitamin D levels by spending at least an hour outside every day. This will enhance energy levels, support good bone health, improve mood and strengthen immunity.
- Showers: April showers bring May flowers. Water is in all living cells, organs and tissues and essential to maintain health. Typically water is symbolically viewed as the source of life and fertility. If fertility is in your self care plan for the new season try reflexology to naturally aid your conception journey.
So there we go, Spring Self Care in a nutshell. Here’s wishing you a blooming marvellous spring.
Peace and Kindness,